Wednesday, November 4, 2009

If I Were EMPRESS OF THE WRITING UNIVERSE

If I were EMPRESS OF THE WRITING UNIVERSE (okay... just mine)... I would do the following:

*stop time long enough to finish all my work
*clone myself so I could be in two places at the same time
*eliminate all errands
*showers would be optional but cleanliness would still occur
*all writing conundrums ... oh, excuse me? what writing conundrums?
*future problems would be anticipated and ELIMINATED before they happened
*all people would understand the people I have in my head take precedence
*the phone would only ring AFTER my ideas were typed on the computer and resolved
*beds would make themselves and dinner would always be nutritious and ready on time
*black ink WOULD NEVER RUN OUT

4 comments:

Gwen Hernandez said...

I'd elect you to run my universe! Especially with regard to showers and instant cleanliness, the people in my head, errands, and food! =)

Christine said...

Gwen, don't you wish you could just blink and it all be done? Errands are my least favorite thing--and going through the dreaded in box.

Hi ho hi ho--back to work I go.

Martha W said...

I wanna live in your world! It sounds positively divine.

"all people would understand the people I have in my head take precedence"

Explain that to a 4- & 2-year-old... they think their imaginary friends come first. Damn it.

Christine said...

Martha, they are probably aspiring writers LOL. I have studiously avoided the in-box and errands today (okay, I still did laundry--clean clothes are necessary).

But there is something liberating about not wearing makeup or doing my hair during the GH nightmare month of prep.