Friday, May 22, 2009

Dreaded Chapter 10

First of all, this probably used to be chapter 16 or 17 cause I had 22 chapters with only 2 scenes per chapter. *laugh later please*

But I redid it all (okay for contest purposes and editor submission purposes) and now I have 17 chapters. Which means I hit chapter ten today... at scene 24 or something like that (or was it scene 26?). Arrrghhh... not happy ... I've been hitting a chapter a day in about 3 hours or less.

Not today.

I hit it in 6 HOURS! 

And guess what? The first scene took 4 hours to revise.... argh again.

But now I am done. 

My DH is getting tired of me whining about my chapter goal. He pointed out weather cloud formations today to take my mind off of it. Then when that didn't succeed, he drove me around town and showed me tornado damage. Major damage to trees and houses. I felt bad for the victims and the trees, really I did. But I wasn't totally focused.

You see I was obsessed with figuring out how many writing days I had to reach the end of this journey... praying I would not deal with a direct tornado hit in the meantime.

2 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Okay, we need an intervention here. When you don't even notice a tornado, either you're obsessed or your office is in a tornado shelter.

Breathe, Christine. I love your dedication, but take breaks, put on headphones and listen to soothing music. Don't burn out! ;-)

Helen
Straight From Hel

Christine said...

Luckily this was POST tornado damage. During that one, I hid in the interior bathroom with my MS, my memory stick, my computer and my cell phone--and yeah, I wrote a scene while the wind whistled around me.

I am taking a break this weekend. Then it's back in the saddle for 7 more hard days of pushing. Then I am done.

I guess I've always been one to push harder when I see the tape draped across the finish line!