Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Scrivener Tutorial

Due to a minor surgical procedure yesterday laying me up for a day, and a home inspector arriving this morning to give the thumbs up/or down/ about our home before the first year of the new home construction phase is finished, I didn't manage to write at all. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and....

Any rate, derailed, and bogged down by long phone chats (three--I feel special), I did the tutorial today and it has something about a split screen/edit cut and paste that I will attempt with my next import. I figure I may as well just import and play around with all the novels on the program at some point. The more I learn, the more proficient I will be in using this program.

Many things are exciting about the program and after reading the tutorial and playing with the buttons, dragging icons etc., I feel I have found the perfect first draft/revising tool for me. However, at the end of the day, the final product must be imported as a word document via a word processor. I think the writing program on my MAC will suffice, but I am asking my DH to partition my computer so I can still use Microsoft Word in my revisions.

I miss my comments and notes, in the sidebar of my WP document in Word, but I think I can overcome the grief very easily with all the other bells and whistles I gained with the Scrivener program.

No comments: