Saturday, April 11, 2009

PRO Pin Officially Recognized Today

I know that compared to the other accomplishments and achievements of the writers in our chapter (publishing, manuscript requested, GH finalists, RITA finalists, and more) I am small potatoes today with regard to the PRO status recognition, but I don't care. I am proud that I finally had the courage to take the next step and go for the status. I could have done it years ago, but I didn't. I'm glad I didn't, because if I had known then how hard it is to get published, I don't know if I'd have kept up my end of the bargain: writing.

Any rate, there are some who achieve their goals and dreams so much faster and I am very proud for them. But I am a slow learner. I have a lot to learn as far as my craft and my understanding of the business. I can't wait to figure out how to balance it all and make it work for me. If getting a book published takes forever, then so be it. There will be other avenues to explore along the way to publication. Just being a part of two great romance chapters and blogging on one as a guest has been wonderful. And I am meeting other writers who appreciate me and my views. I like that as well.

Well, tomorrow is Easter. I hope I can step in and be profound. If not, Happy Easter to Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Hilary Hakkinen