Thursday, March 26, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Well smiles and waves to all the Golden Heart Finalists!! I am so proud of all of you and I know how hard you worked. And kudos to all who entered, including myself, because we set a goal and we accomplished it and how many people say they will write a book and never do? We did. And we can all be happy for each other. The National Conference will be more exciting for me because I know two of my Southern Magic Chapter members are in the finalist circle and that is AWESOME. I have someone to cheer on and root for at this event. Wow!

And now I am back in the saddle. I've printed out the MS, and I've got my old character profiles dusted off for my workshop lessons about characters, and I've got my critique buddy's comments and judged contest comments to pour through. I'll work on the lessons today and I will read through the contest comments quickly before I read through the MS again tomorrow. Then it's TIME TO POLISH IT UP.

I'm giving myself two weeks to polish it and ready it for querying. Then I am querying it and putting it aside until I hear yeahs or nahs. And I am very excited about the fourth book and can't wait to start digging into it and revising it for contests.

Oh, and speaking of contests, I am entering the revised 3rd MS into the Maggies and the GH again this year as well as TOM, LHAoE to see if I can get a better result. And I am going to the Moonlight and Magnolias Retreat in GA as well. Why not? I think it will be a smash.

Back in the saddle and back to work I go.

No comments: