Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Revision Prep

I'm already eager to read through my critique partner's comments for the third book. I can't wait to chomp into the book again and polish it.

Do I have any high hopes for finaling in the Golden Heart. Nope. Not after the crap contest results I got about one scene in the beginning. Sure, the writing was solid, craft was solid, and the pacing was solid, but the guy comes off like a "rutting deer" to quote one judge.

I'd struggled with that first encounter. It actually was much spicier and I took out all of the racier elements, leaving a kiss only. But apparently, that came across as "sleazy." DARN IT.

If it weren't for that, I think I might have finaled.

Oh well. But on the off the chance that my GH judges can look past that issue, I must polish the MSS for the GH before March 31's deadline.

But that happens next week. This week I play.

No comments: