Friday, February 13, 2009

Ready, Set, Go....

Today is my last day to "relax" before I start BIAW. Well, relax is a relative term. First, grocery store for the upcoming weekend events and week of writing ahead of me. Second, a long walk and talk with my good friend across the street. Third, laundry (need I say more?), fourth, clean the kitchen, and fifth read through my notes for the writing.

So far, I've managed to get a lot of stuff accomplished regarding my writing goals. Except querying. I think I will wait now till March. I want to have a CLEAR head for the week and if I query book 3, I will have those characters wanting to bust out of my subconscious, not my new characters. So, that one thing did not get accomplished.

But I have managed to get a lot of prep work done, I've gotten my PRO status which will help me in my career--way more opportunities to meet with agents and editors because of the PRO status--and I've found a new place to research cops and robbers. Aha! Perfect for my 4th book.

I have also decided to retitle the third book: Sweet Sensations instead of Too Sweet to Eat. A recipe for sweet sensations... and I think for my query I will write a letter that is more like a back cover on a BLAZE. Seriously, I checked the website at HQN and they still have the sample query from 2004!! That is so old. I want to pep it up a notch.

So, wrote my ideas down, on a post-it. Those seem to work for me. And I'll just pop that into my TSTE novel box and let it "simmer" till I am finished the BIAW.

I'm excited about it. I think it will be a great experience. I've already learned a lot about myself as a writer as a result. The goal is to get FASTER and more efficient in the first draft process. All the GMC and so forth will probably reveal itself to me in revision time.

No comments: