Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'd Trade it All for Her

My daughter is the best part of my life. She's smart, talented, funny, loving, and just a delight. And her talents haven't been rewarded... again... I don't know why, I just know it is what it is and God has a reason but her pain is palpable.

I ache for her.

But I know she is meant for cool, wonderful things....

But I wish I could make it better....

I would give her my MAGGIE finaling to see her get what she wanted. I would take a bullet for her. I would do anything for her. But at the end of the day, the greatest gift I can give her is the gift of continually making lemonade out of those gosh darned lemons life seems to give us.

Lemons aren't sooooo bad. They teach us to eat the bitter pill of disappointment. They teach us to squeeze the life out of what we are allowed to eat. They teach us that rind can be used to create ZEST for LIFE.

Zest... I believe in my heart that life's disappointments might actually be the zest... the flavoring that ultimately ups the ante of our journeys.

And I believe BALM -- comfort -- prayer -- new directions are all part of the journey.

And if I ever win a big award, the first person I will thank after God is her. For she has given me the courage to try and fail and try and win the next time around.

Blessings aren't always easily visible. But if we look for them, we discover them.

Today I honor my daughter. A true blessing .... I am curious to see how she unfolds her life.

No comments: