Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Ticking Clock

I am one week away from our trip to DC. I have my pitch (must practice more), my wardrobe, my roommate (yay!), and my editor/agent appointments. I'm set. Sort of. I haven't had a chance to go through the schedule and decide what I will do when and where during the none scheduled events. And there appears to be a lot to do while I am there and not enough of me to do it all.

Someone suggested making a grid. Good idea, but I'm more calendar/time oriented. I plan to plug in all the MUSTS and then I'm working in the workshops I really want to attend. I confess I have no idea what to do when not at all the planned parties, but I believe I have one small event on Friday night to attend with my roommate. I haven't made dinner reservations or anything like that, but I know I want to go to some of my favorite type of restaurants while I am there (read "Lebanese"). I heard the bar is a good spot to go to and hang. I might do that, but watch the number of drinks I have in front of potential editors/agents LOL.

I need to make a complete packing list--but other than that I believe I am good to go!

It is what it is what it is--and the most important parts for me is the editor/agent appointments, PRO Retreat and the camaraderie with other writers who love this crazy craft.

No comments: