Friday, January 30, 2009

Play and Write and Play and Write

I always take about a week off of writing when I finish a major project. Then I hit it again hard. This week, I've played a lot, but I have also done a bit of work on the new course. Now I am itching to have my routine going so I can get going on the course and be ready for BIAW. But it's good to have time off, too. It lets my mind rest. And it starts my brain pumping in an organic way toward the next writing adventure.

Today I went to Nashville to shop at Trader Joe's with a new friend. She is writing, but not sure if that is for her. I think she could be a writer--and published--but I'm always encouraging people to try new things. And I am so organized, that the work of writing is easier in some ways because I always have a plan. Not all writers have a plan. And they don't need it. I do.

I'm anxious to get rolling on my writing schedule again. I want to produce. I am itchy to produce. But taking time off to play, shop, eat lunch, go for a ladies' night, hang with my family, and clean house is important to me. It readies me. It steadies me. And it feeds my mind.

No comments: