Sunday, February 7, 2010

Surgery Statistics--Novel and Real

*DH is recuperating nicely. Who knew a new hip could be put into a man in less than two hours.
*Who knew they'd release said man so early from the hospital?

Confession: I am not a nurse for a reason, but I try.

*I have applied my own scalpel to my MS
*cutting is such sweet sorrow

Confession: I'm not an editor for a reason, but I persist.

*I have neat statistics thanks to my CP. I know exactly how many words I have cut.
*I know how many words I've written since January 1, 2010.

Confession: I have cut half as many words as I have written :(

*Woot, I am edging close to 60,000 words!
*Boohoo, I know I will be cutting more!

Confession: surgery recovery sucks (real -- ask DH --and imagined)

So all is well in my little world. I am working despite my DH's surgery and recovery. I am an adequate nurse and an adequate writer. I hope to improve in all areas.

Best of all, I see where I am going in both jobs. The end is in sight. Just as my DH's mobility improves every day that he gets up and clomps around the house with his walker, so does my writing. Every day that I pull out my writing cane and work, my writing does improve.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. Both as a wife/mother and as a writer.

Editing stinks, recovery stinks... but we can pull from those too, and turn that into great stuff!

((Hugs))

Christine said...

Martha, the older I get, the more I realize that we must work with what we have... this is what I have and I am working it! Thanks for the hugs. I am pretty gosh darn proud of my DH... he's working hard to get better.

Ellen Brickley said...

Glad your DH is doing well, Christine :) Hang in there.

Christine said...

Thanks Ellen. He's clomping around with his walker. I am sure he's ready to get well cause he's got to do things on my time. He is a typically late person. I am an early bird. Makes for interesting moments :P

Leigh Verrill-Rhys said...

You are awesome. Much appreciated. The principal reason I asked the question about blogging is the time issue. Just asking the question brought such a wealth of knowledge and support, I'm struggling to edit the third chapter of my latest WIP. Thanks again.

Gwen Hernandez said...

Your posts always make me smile. I'm glad DH is doing well. I know the cutting vs. writing dilemma well.

Keep at it--you'll get there!

Christine said...

Hi Leigh: Welcome to the blog... glad you enjoyed it. My CP is giving me help with the domain name game. I am getting it just to be ready for the "big leagues" in the future.

Good luck with your revisions!

Christine said...

Hi Gwen: I know your pain--revision is like performing surgery while cutting and sewing at the same time!

You will see the end again... and again... ;-)