Thursday, January 19, 2012

Celebrating Life and All it Brings

It's officially my birthday!! Woohoo. I'm glad to be here. To be able to walk through another day and celebrate all it has to offer me. It's a gift. It's truly a gift to be healthy, active, energized and renewed. Last year was a bit of a struggle. Health was iffy, tornadoes whirled through my current state and area, my darling Dowager Feline Clancy left us, I got bad news about a dear friend, and I struggled with my creative joy and my desire to write. But then it was also a great year in that we were spared major tornado damage, my health improved due to diet and exercise and a great doctor, my daughter and her drama troupe conspired to bring me a new fur baby and now we are owned by Catadora Tonks, and I fought the demons of despair and doubt and won the battles daily, weekly, monthly.

So much to celebrate.

During the last few days I've been in reflection and review and realignment of my life and my priorities. I've rediscovered old poems written by a young woman with no true sense of self but with creative courage. I've reawakened my spirituality and my heart to so much more than clamoring for publication. I want to grow in my craft, become a stronger and more refined writer. I want so much more to flow through my writing and into the world.

Now I want to share my reflection or tribute to myself today. Not out of pride, but out of hope. Hope for more of myself and hope for all of my friends and writing colleagues. I hope we all find a way to live life fully and in the moment and receive true joy, harmony, happiness.

Christine

Mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, writer, dreamer, motivated, wildly impatient, driven, loyal, curious, student, traveler, explorer, spiritual, emotional, romantic, seeker, comedian, creative, gourmet cook, winery lover, hostess, cat lover, expressive, temperamental, volatile, survivor, generous, loving, believer, social butterfly, fiercely independent.

I am all these things and more. On Friday I'll share bits and pieces of why I am who I am.

14 comments:

Ellen Brickley said...

Happy birthday Christine, to all of your diverse and brilliant selves!

Christine said...

Thanks Ellen. It's great to be alive :-)

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday, Christine, and may you have many more.

I have been going through something much like you since last summer. I'm hoping to get past it this year. Very inspiring post.

Christine said...

Hi Sandy: I am sorry you had a yuck 2011 summer. It was pretty tough for us, too. But a trip to Vegas to watch my niece get married and see my brother and his family was the first step in healing my heart. And getting little Catadora Tonks helped me, too. I've been reading a lovely book called GIFT FROM THE SEA by Anne Morrow Lindburgh. I quoted it on Monday. It's really helping to ground me and center me. I'm not as anxious anymore and I feel more focused, yet I'm not pushing as hard either. I'll always be impatientish, but I accept that as the flip side of being driven and motivated and hard-working. Those are all good qualities.

I wish you every success in this year, Sandy. I'll keep you in my thoughts!!

:-)

Joan Leacott said...

Happy Birthday, Christine! May this coming year be the culmination of all your wishes and work.

Gwen Hernandez said...

Happy birthday! I hope this turns out to be a truly amazing year for you. Good luck finding and keeping that balance!

Christine said...

Hi Joan: Thank you for the great wish!! I hope this year is a great year, too.

Christine said...

Hi Gwen: Thanks for your wish. If I find that balance and harmony I'll do my best to keep it going. I think the key will be flexibility as these months roll by.

:-)

Katherine Bone said...

Buon Compliano, Christine! (That's Italian!)

Wishing you a fantastic day and many, many more fruitful birthdays to come. ;)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a truly beautiful post, Christine. I can so identify with all of it (except the cat) LOL, because last year was a year of so many crazy ups and downs for me. Happy Birthday!

Christine said...

Hi Katherine: Thanks for the Italian greeting!! Woot! I plan to enjoy this year to the fullest!

:-)

Christine said...

Hi KarenG: I think the older we get the more we have of the ups and downs and the crazy rides. But those events make us stronger writers and people.

May you be blessed this year in all you endeavor to achieve!!

:-)

Lexi said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful, wonderful lady! May this year bring you many blessings!

Christine said...

Thanks Lexi. It's going to be a great year. For all of us!!

:-)