Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lunch with Romance Authors Featuring Eloisa James

The 2014 Heart of Dixie's 17th Annual Readers' Luncheon featuring Eloisa James is open for registration. As a Heart of Dixie member, I've attended the luncheon and volunteered wherever I can to help make this luncheon a fun event for romance readers.

This year I am excited about attending the luncheon on Saturday, June 14th from 11-3 PM because I've got a brand new book releasing in June.

Oh. Not just brand new, but my first published book! My debut novel THE MAVERICK'S RED HOT REUNION is off to my Entangled Publishing editor as I write this post. And I'm waiting for my first cover art to be sent to me for approval.

It's a dream come true.

Even better, I am a big time Fan Girl of Eloisa James. Not only is she a fantastic author who writes rich, steamy and poignant historical romances, she is an amazing speaker. I heard her speak at my first RWA Annual Conference. She moved me to tears. After I returned home, I emailed her and thanked her for her beautiful speech. And she emailed me back! L'il ole me!

Fast forward a few years and Eloisa James is a 2013 RITA finalist. She had been a finalist before, but had never taken home the coveted statuette. I was a Golden  Heart date that year with the fabulous and talented writer Gail Hart. We dressed to the nines, got our bling on, and walked to our table where I saw Eloisa James' name.

I nearly fainted. Gail had never seen me without the power of speech. It was a powerful moment. And that night I watched Eloisa James win her first RITA. I'll always remember how happy she looked when she came back to the table with her golden RITA.

Now she's coming to Huntsville, Alabama to give a keynote speech during the 2014 Heart of Dixie's Annual Luncheon. It's as if I've come full circle. From the first time I heard Eloisa James speak when I was an unpublished new writer until now when I get to listen to her poignant words again as I attend the luncheon waiting for my first book to be released.

I plan on celebrating, and I hope to see you at the luncheon this year. You can register for the luncheon at www.heartofdixie.org or call 931-625-9355.

See you in June!

No comments: