At the beginning of the year, I promised to do 50 new things in 2013. I did go to one new restaurant, and then I blogged about it. But I lost track of time and got busy organizing my writing life, wrangling stories, and coordinating the 2013 Linda Howard Award of Excellence.
I got too busy to write about all the new things I've done. So without further ado, here is the abbreviated recap of what I've done so far in 2013 that is new to me:
1. New restaurant reviewed.
2. Interviewed editors and agents for the first time. They're really awesome.
3. Was interviewed by someone for the Linda Howard based on my experiences as a LH winner and coordinator.
4. Established a very tight budget and shaved $1200 off my monthly expenses.
5. Became the the Master Scheduler for my fantastic Goal In A Month Group (x4 just rocks!)
6. Learned to schedule tweets to market the Linda Howard Contest.
7. Used extensive network to ask for entries and judges for the Linda Howard Contest.
8. Queried a new publisher with the story of my heart.
9. Helped my CP build her own web presence over the course of 3 days.
10. Discovered I can juggle multiple writing projects while marketing other stuff like the Linda Howard Award of Excellence.
And that's about it for now. There's probably more stuff. I'll keep you posted. I have also tried about a gazillion new recipes, but most of them feature beans and kale and low cost cuts of meat due to #4 on the list.
So what new things have you tried to do this year?