Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Week Break

It's Thanksgiving week and I have much to be grateful for--my health, my family, my ongoing pursuit of my goals.

I'm taking this week off to finish writing my fourth Golden Heart entry, prepare for Thanksgiving feasting, and decorate for the Christmas holiday.

I'm planning lots of adventures during the month of December. Travel to fun places, another trip to a Tennessee winery, pampering myself after a hard two months of writing, writing and MORE writing. I'm so excited to start posting about these adventures next week.

The last Golden Heart entry must go out by the 30th--overnight mail. I'm not sure how good it will be, but it ups my chances for two of my other entries which I think are strong. I enter the Golden Heart because it is a great way to push out a new story and a great way to force myself to write a synopsis. Finaling is a bonus that I would love to happen -- who wouldn't want to be in that golden circle? But to be honest, I'm more interested in generating stories that will sell one day.

Everyone who finals deserves to be there. Everyone who doesn't final should not believe that they didn't deserve to be there. I've read a lot of wonderful entries as a judge and many did not final. So there you have it--one entry must have many kind judges who read the story without prejudice and malice and are receptive to the story.

This is subjective.

But I digress. I'm back in my writing dungeon and I'm working hard. See you all in December!!

Happy Thanksiving :-)

2 comments:

Katherine Bone said...

Enjoy time with your family this Thanksgiving, Christine! (Don't forget to snuggle with Tonks. ;)

Pam Asberry said...

Good luck, Christine. I hope to have a manuscript ready to enter in the Golden Heart next year!