Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn Adventures in Gatlinburg

I've been playing hooky from hard work to enjoy the beautiful weather and gorgeous blue skies during my favorite season. I adore autumn. I always have enjoyed this transitional season because no matter where I have lived, it always seems to spark little darts of happiness in my heart. There's something magical about this transitional time that wakes me up and makes me want to create.

I have another reason to love this season: my darling daughter is a late September baby. I can remember hours and hours of time pushing her up and down the hills of our subdivision while she nibbled on Cheerios. Now that she is a teenager, we are taking advantage of the fall break from school and traveling together.

I love the gorgeous colors, the crisp weather and the seasonal decorations we found in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Although the trees weren't in peak color, we had a great time exploring the little European style village nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains.

Here are some pictures of our adventure in Gatlinburg to show you why I'm writing less and playing more.













2 comments:

Gwen Hernandez said...

Great photos. It looks like you had fun. That is such beautiful country. We didn't spend much time in Ober Gatlinburg, but it reminds me a bit of Solvang. Thanks for sharing. I hope you're feeling refreshed. I adore autumn too.

Christine said...

Hi Gwen: I am feeling refreshed, but still want to play a bit down here while the sun is shining. I am committed to 100 words a day or more on the new story, and learning about social media (wish you were here to walk me through the tougher stuff!), but then it's work work work work in November as I flesh out the next story. Gearing up for a big push :-)