Wednesday, September 25, 2013

On the Outside Looking In

My heroine has always been a team player and well-liked. But right now she's hurting physically and emotionally. She's on the outside looking in and she's having a difficult time moving past the pain and guilt. And if she can't figure out out a way to let the events that brought her to this point go, then she won't have the future she deserves.

Enter the hero. He's alpha all the way, but he's a good man. An honorable man. And a man who doesn't want to be tied down. He's had a huge responsibility since he was a child and he's finally free. Also, his world is miles away from the heroine's world. Still, he's drawn to her and he wants to help her let go of her wounds so she can have a future filled with happiness and love.

Foolish hero believes this future will not include him. Heroine foolishly believes this as well.

But this is a romance novel. They may think they're engaging in a holiday fling with no strings attached, but eventually they'll realize that they're each other's perfect match.

And my heroine will no longer be on the outside looking in. She'll be free, liberated, and transformed by this relationship.


5 comments:

Jillian said...

awesome!

Crystal Lee said...

It's not the best feeling, to be on the outside looking in, but she'll figure it out. Yes, indeed. And so will he. You're going to have a fabulous time getting them to that point. Enjoy!

Christine said...

Thanks Jillian. I'm enjoying the characters even though they are leading me down some paths I hadn't expected to travel. :-)

Christine said...

Hi Crystal:

I am having fun with these characters, but sometimes I do get frustrated. They're both so tough and muleheaded.

But they'll surrender their hearts to each other. I promise!

Patricia Bradley said...

What fun! I love it when the hero thinks he can walk away, then learns, uh, I don't think so. Great post.