Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why I Love Northern Virginia--A Picture Blog

Me and Petra at Hillsboro Vineyard in Northern VA. 
I'm back in DC visiting my dear friend and celebrating her milestone birthday. I lived in the Northern Virginia area for over 9 years. I love the vineyards, the museums, the variety, the restaurants, the zany political atmosphere, the monuments... I believe this is the best place I've ever lived and I've lived in a few pretty amazing places. I came here to do all things my friend and I used to do over the course of a year IN A WEEK.

First day? We visited a local wine store and had a FREE wine tasting. We walked in gorgeous Vienna, VA and had a lovely dinner at a fun restaurant called DOGFISH. Seriously great food at great prices. Mucho thanks and XXOOs to my friend's hubby who treated me. Second day? Well, pictures tell it all. Wineries, food, chilling. Can't beat this area for fun stuff to do for young and old alike.

Here is my slide show of all my fun in Hillsboro, VA and the surrounding countryside.




No comments: