Thursday, September 30, 2010

On the Road Again

Today my writing friend and I embark on another trip to Georgia for the GRWA Moonlight & Magnolias Conference. Once more we will plug in that idiot Tom Tom, listen to him tell where NOT to go, and look at a Mapquest Map with puzzled eyes. We will probably get lost and scare a few innocent drivers. But we will arrive in GA with our writing notebooks, our thinking caps, our brains (okay--maybe not our brains), our laptops, and our hopes.

I have packed the following:

*too many outfits and shoes
*the ridiculous binding foundation garments called Spanx (yeah, spank this!)
*sparkles and bling
*goodies
*wine
*a corkscrew


My briefcase contains:

*wine (just kidding)
*my laptop
*three notebooks
*my pitch
*business cards
*chargers for my NOOK,  cell phone and laptop

My heart contains:

*my hopes
*my dreams
*my ambitions

I'll keep you posted about the trip. We will drive carefully. We will arrive. But I have no idea about Tom Tom. He's a mystery to me.

4 comments:

Gwen Hernandez said...

Tom Tom is your friend. =D Have so much fun at M&M! I can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck!

Christine said...

I will have much to share!! Looking forward to getting out of town. The book is boiled (uh, I mean cooked or done or medium rare) and I am very excited to start brainstorming my new series!!

Look out world! Here come the Tanner Boys!

Wendy S Marcus said...

You are such a good writer. I love reading your blog, and can't wait to read your first book. (And all that follow!)

Christine said...

Oh Wendy, that is so kind of you to say to me and you make me blush. I am just very excited for you about your book with Mills & Boon Medical. I know you'll have a fantastic launch and I want to help in any way I can to give you a boost. :-)