Monday, June 22, 2009

Pitch-Hit-Catch

I finished transcribing my primary pitch onto my index cards and I feel a bit more prepared, or at least ready to practice my pitch. Then I cleaned house, did laundry, polyurethaned the table I've been redecorating, visited a friend, made dinner, and worked on the second pitch.

Why is the unrevised first draft of my fourth book easier to think about than the multi-revised 3rd book? Argh. Any rate, now I have all my 2nd pitch on the computer and need to transcribe it to index cards so I can practice it as well.

I think I have learned something from this experience. Write the first draft--prepare taglines and pitches for it--queries--synopsis submissions--then start full revisions. I think the core of the story is the pitch.

At least it is for me.

Dilemma: what story do I pitch first? The one I know is ready to submit? Or the one I am passionate about now?

No comments: